Saturday, August 25, 2007

Things and 44

Haven't posted in a while, not like anyone has read the other stuff I posted. But thought I'd let people know of stuff I plan to do. I want to start posting more art so I will be doing that. i also plan on doing what I call, The 44. Mike Wieringo was an inspiration, and it wasn't until recently that I realized that he was my inspiration for the style I was looking to pull out of my work. Simple, clean, and most of all fun. I'm not trying to copy his style by any means, so don't get in a huff. Just seeing how he did things has really opened up my eyes to blocks I was having in my work. But here's what I'm wanting to do. I printed off every sketch Mike did on his site from it's beginning days, all the way to his last one before he passed. I love the fact one of my jobs has high speed internet and a great laser printer. But I plan to gather 44 of them together, one for every year Mike was with us, and ink them and post them here. Just to see what 'could have been' if Mike and I had ever worked together. This should be fun. Hope you like them. I hope to start posting them soon.

No comments: